Julep Maven April Box!


It's that time of the month again and this month is mostly spring-y pastels. This month was kind of disappointing for me because I really dislike all things pink polish related, and it seemed like every box had some shade of pink. I also don't care for the 'extras' they throw in the other boxes like the pedi cream so I was forced to stick with my regular It Girl box. It has TWO pinks in it and a pastel blue. For those that are in the program and know what the gold box is, I am so very glad they didn't choose me for the golden box with the whole collection because there were so many pinks I would have had to find a pink lover to gift them all to. I guess I really can't complain since this month was free from referrals again, but I feel like I am falling out of love with the program. Maybe I just have too many untried polish or too many colours that it's hard to get excited when a new box comes out.

Anyway onto exciting stuff. This months box came with 5 chocolate easter eggs (already consumed), toe separators that feel very flimsy and cheap (but the orange colour is cute), but they are something I don't have and would never purchase for myself so they are a welcome bonus even if I only get a few uses out of them before they fall apart.



Now on to the colours. My box contained these three (from left to right): Penelope (described as an opaque, almost white cream with a hint of blush), Jessica (described as soft and sweet baby blue creme), and Niecy (described as a bright pink creme for sunny days).



I haven't swatched any of them yet, but I plan to tonight and will see which if any I actually like. I think the blue will be okay, I'm not sure about the bright pink but I will at least try it. My least favourite is the lightest pink just because it's kind of more of a manicure colour and I rarely ever do light colours. If I do my nails I go for bright and bold or dark and vampy. It might be something to keep on hand for job interviews though, or castings when I can't wear coloured nail polish. I don't see myself getting a ton of use out of it though.

I will return later with swatches!

If you still haven't signed up for the Julep Maven and would like to you can do so following this link: http://julep.com/?r=15549118 and filling out the questionnaire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Review* The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Exfoliator

Derma E Collagen Serum Review

Lancome Luxe Box Contest!